My clients often come to me feeling overwhelmed by the process of getting a mortgage. They tell me they’re confused and don’t know where to start. That’s why I make sure to guide them through the process step by step, so they can feel confident and secure in their decision to buy a home.
1) Determine your budget. Consider your income, debts, and down payment. Remember to be realistic. The last thing you want is more house than you can afford.
2) Get pre-approved so you’ll be ready to make an offer when you find a home you love.
3) Choose a lender and mortgage with terms that work for you. Don’t be shy – shop around!
4) Submit a mortgage application and wait for underwriting to review it. If approved, you’ll receive more paperwork outlining the terms of the loan.
5) Attend closing to sign the mortgage documents and pay closing costs.
6) Start making those monthly mortgage payments!
Don’t let the mortgage process intimidate you. Bookmark this guide for later so you can refer back to it when you’re ready. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out, I’m here to help!